We are seeking a leader who is results driven, resourceful, and passionate about the fitness industry to join Corporate team as a Learning & Development Director.
The Learning & Development (L&D) Director has incredible potential to make a positive impact on our business and people by influencing the performance and profitability of each franchise partner through the design, delivery, facilitation, and evaluation of learning solutions. Successful candidates will leverage their instructional design, project management, communication, and people skills to assess current learning programs, identify areas of opportunity, gather feedback, and lead a team to develop effective solutions.
Candidates must have hands-on L&D experience, have developed a learning solutions strategy, and must have a desire to engage with day-to-day activities associated with L&D program management. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone with deep execution and relationship skills.
This role reports to our President & Chief Marketing Officer and will work at our World Headquarters on Long Island, in Melville, NY. *this is not a remote or hybrid role*
- Facilitate Instructor Led Training (ILT) workshops online and in the classroom including eLearning, and blended solutions
- Identify and recommend learning solutions based on company culture, existing materials, resources, budget, stakeholder input, and a host of other variables
- Acquire and maintain a working level of knowledge on the operational processes of our franchise locations
- Execute project work by assessing capacity, prioritizing projects, and assigning work across the team
- Actively lead and manage the training process including assessment, development, and delivery of training services
- Maintain timelines, including scope and deliverables, and budget for all training products
- Review and test training prior to rollout to ensure high-quality learning solutions are in place
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions to make improvements and recommend future enhancements
- Observe, coach, and develop a team of instructional designers, applying research-based instructional design theories, practices, and methods to create highly effective learning experiences
We are excited about you if you are:
- Energized by fast-paced, work-hard-play-hard environments and managing multiple projects at the same time
- Curious by nature and actively seek out opportunities to add value
- Motivated by developing others and building strong relationships
- Driven by achieving measurable results that improve the health of our franchisees’ businesses
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty with the ability to create structure and prioritize work effectively
We are excited about you if have:
- Background in fitness and personal training
- BA or BS degree in Instructional Design, Training, Education, Learning Design, Communications, or other related fields
- 5+ years experience executing a L&D strategy/road map and proven success with needs assessment and recommending and delivering learning solutions including: program design and delivery, learning facilitation, and metrics/measurement of learning solutions success
- Experience in franchise systems and/or scaling training initiatives across multiple units
- Demonstrated results in training effectiveness and front-line adoption across a diverse audience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and design training to encourage effective change management
- Demonstrated and recognized presentation and facilitation skills
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration, leadership, communication, and decision-making skills across all phases of project development – strategy, implement, measure, improve
- Demonstrated proficiency with learning technologies, such as: learning management systems, authoring software, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams)
What We Offer:
- Full benefits package available including health insurance, 401K and generous PTO
- Opportunity for career growth
- Amazing culture and great team to work with!
Compensation: $120,000.00 per year
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to GYMGUYZ Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)
Or apply here.
Competitive Compensation Rates
Opportunity for Career Growth
Opportunity to change people’s lives and be rewarded for it
Flexible schedule with a fresh work environment daily – out of the gym
Opportunities to participate in professional development courses
Great team to work with!